Newcomers to Niagara will find numerous agencies and organizations that provide free settlement services to help connect people with the community.
For Francophone newcomers, a network of partners provides settlement services to families and individuals such as:
- Navigate and learn about their new community
- Provide up-to-date information and resources
- Assist in communicating with employers, landlords, social and government services, legal services and more
- Assist with filling out forms
- Provide support and link with specialized services to help with personal problems
or critical situations
- Translate limited documents related to employment, health, education and legal matters necessary for immediate settlement
- Connect to an interpreter
Welcome Information Package
This guide, prepared by CERF Niagara provides essential information that can help you settle in the region. In it, you will find guidance for when you first arrive such as what documents you must obtain and which local organizations are available to assist you.
Download : Trousse des nouveaux arrivants (French only, pdf – 2 MB)
Not sure where to start?
The Centre de Santé communautaire Hamilton/Niagara (CSCHN) works together with local partners to provide an array of services and activities that ensure the well-being and facilitate the integration of newly-arrived Francophone individuals and families into their host communities.